Playing on the Supernova Server may yield many surprising things to you if you’re used to playing on retail Final Fantasy XI. This page lists our many differences from retail and various custom content.
- All Auction Houses are linked. The items displayed are available at all Auction Houses in all nations and cities with AH access.
- All items on the Auction House are sold for 2 gil.
- Crafted items duplicate to the AH at a 1:12 rate (for every 1 item you synthesize, 12 appear to the Auction House).
- Stackable crafted items (food, etc) begin to populate the stacked version of their AH records once the single item record reaches 100.
- Items on the Auction House are stocked in a 1:2 rate for non-BCNM drops (for every Vile Elixir you obtain from King Arthro, 2 Vile Elixirs appear to the AH). Items must fall into a player’s inventory to be duplicated to the Auction House. Floored items will not duplicate.
- Ammo pouches, quivers, toolbags for ninja tools, and the like do not duplicate.
- BCNM/KSNM drops do not duplicate to the Auction House.
- Some crafted items do not duplicate.
- Gurfurlur the Menacing has a custom loot pool that includes a 10% drop chance on each of the Perdu weapons.
- Nyzul Isle Armor drops from Dreamworld Dynamis bosses and Nyzul bodies drop from Jormungand. Details about the other pieces can be found on the Dynamis page.
- Oupire drops Imperial Wand, with a customized HMP +12.
- Most HNM’s drop pools and behavior are customized. See the HNM Customizations page for more information.
- The NPC Fina in the Chocobo Circuit will trade you the Hachirin-no-Obi for all eight separate elemental obis. It is custom coded to ignore weather penalties, making it superior.
Relic Weapons have been balanced on Supernova so as not to make any single one overpowered above others.
Advanced jobs obtained in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Wings of the Goddess expansions are able to use the relic weapon (and relic weapon skill) most closely aligned with that job. In order to equip those items, you must do so using an equipset macro.
- Blue Mage – Excalibur / Knights of Round
- Corsair – Annihilator / Coronach
- Puppetmaster – Spharai / Final Heaven
- Dancer – Mandau / Mercy Stroke
- Scholar – Claustrum / Gate of Tartarus
Relic Weapon Modifications
- Claustrum – All Attributes +7, all elemental resistances +25, Elemental/Divine/Enhancing/Enfeebling/Dark/Summoning magic skills+10, elemental magic damage +15%, elemental magic accuracy +30, Avatar perpetuation -3, hMP+18, magic critical hit rate +15%, Iridescence effect (if weather exists, a second additional single weather bonus can occur), and pet attack +10%.
- Guttler – Pet Accuracy +20, Pet Attack +20, Pet Haste +10%
- Mjollnir – +15% Cure Potency, 10% Cure Casting Time Reduction
- Spharai – Modifications only applicable to Puppetmaster job:
Pet DEF: +15, Pet Ranged Acc. +15, Pet Healing Skill +15, Pet MAB +10, Pet Auto-Refresh +1
Relic Weapon Skill Modifications
- Blade: Metsu – Enmity+20 “aftermath” of 20/40/60s, Accuracy +10% on WS, ignores 50% mob defense on WS.
- Final Heaven – 60% STR instead of 60% VIT, 100% crit rate, Attack +33% on WS.
- Gate of Tartarus – WS mods from 60% CHR to 60% INT, aftermath lasts for 180s/360s/540s.
- Geirskogul – WS mods from 60% AGI to 30% STR/30% DEX, ignores 50% mob defense on WS.
- Onslaught – WS mods from 60% DEX to 40% STR/20% DEX, aftermath is +20% attack (adjusted from +10%), lasts for 45s/90s/135s, and extends to pet.
- Scourge – WS mods from 30% MND/CHR to 20% STR 40%/INT, attack +66% on WS.
Relic Weapon +1 Upgrade
A custom mini-quest on Supernova allows you to upgrade a single Relic Weapon in your possession with an augmentation. Details are found on the NPC named Rhaegar in the Chocobo Circuit Crafting area, in the area with Bonecrafting and Woodworking.
Details for Upgrading a relic:
- Must have desired Relic Weapon in your possession.
- Can only upgrade *one* relic weapon with *one* augment.
- Trade the following to NPC Rhaegar:
- One (1) Ten Thousand Byne Bill
- One (1) Montiont Goldpiece
- One (1) Romilala Stripeshell
- Relic of choice
- Job testimony corresponding to desired augmentation.
Your augmentation is determined by the job testimony (the item you trade to fight Maat in pre-TOAU jobs) you deliver to Rhaegar with your relic and dynamis 10,000 notes. The possible augments are listed below.
- Warrior’s Testimony: Accuracy +15, Attack +15, Triple Attack +3%
- White Mage’s Testimony: Cure Potency +7%, Cure Cast Time -7%, Song Cast Time -10%
- Black Mage’s Testimony: Magic Attack Bonus +5, Blood Pact Delay -10, MP Recovered While Healing +7
- Ranger’s Testimony: Ranged Accuracy +15, Ranged Attack +15, Strength +5
- Paladin’s Testimony: Damage Taken -5%, Evasion +15, HP +97
Quality of Life
- Issuing the !home command will automatically port you to the current Supernova home district.
- No need to have warp scrolls or the warp spell! Just type !warp to warp to your homepoint. There are many other Server Commands available. Click the link and scroll down to “Player Commands”.
- Outpost Warps do not require supply runs. Speak to the NPCs at any Outpost and you can then warp to it from the OP warp NPC in your home nation.
- Some Notorious monsters and other things, such as Allied Notes from Wings of the Goddess (S) zones are currently unavailable.
- You can have 112 Combat Skill upgrades, 80 Magic Skill upgrades, 8 upgrades in both HP and MP at the same time, and 5 upgrades in all 7 attributes.
- You do not lose experience points when you die, at any level except level 75.
- Chocobo Circuit has been re-vamped for your pleasure, no longer congested and a new Zoom Room has been implemented!
Quests & Missions
- Changing nations resets ALL missions, some of which you will not be able to redo, such as the ones for sky access. Use caution.
- The NPC Channon in the Chocobo Circuit has a quest unique to Supernova that will enhance your job performance.
Other Supernova Custom Content
- Monster of The Moment (MoTM): Specific monster families will yield higher amounts of experience points than normal. They rotate approx~ every 2 months.
- Soul Plates: Since the system for Soul Plates and Cameras don’t work we have a custom system that is similar to the MoTM where specific mobs will have a custom loot pool to where Soul Plates are added to drops. They rotate less frequently as MoTM.
- Supernova Superquest!: Treasure Hunt based quest.
- Zantetsuken Quest: Newly added quest line that pits you against your wits to solve puzzles in a Hot & Cold style event. Completing this string of quests will unlock a specialty shop that has access to Einherjar gear.
- See the other Custom Content Pages for other specific details: