Playing on the Supernova Server may yield many surprising things to you if you’re used to playing on retail Final Fantasy XI. This page lists our many differences from retail and various custom content.
- Auction House
- Relic Weapons
- Relic Weapon +1 Augmentation
- Quality of Life
- Quests and Missions
- Crafting on Supernova
- HNMs and Notable Notorious Monsters
- Universal Ninja Tool Recipes
- The Supernova Zantetsuken Quest
- Supernova Prestige Quest – Mythic Weaponskill
- All Auction Houses are linked. The items displayed are available at all Auction Houses in all nations and cities with AH access.
- Trading items to the Auction Mouse NPCs at the Supernova Home areas or to the Auction Signs in the Racetrack Crafting area will place them on the Auction House if they are eligible.
- All items on the Auction House are sold for 2 gil.
- Stackable crafted items (food, etc) begin to populate the stacked version of their AH records once the single item record reaches 100.
- Items on the Auction House are stocked in a 1:2 rate for non-BCNM drops (for every Damascene Cloth you obtain from King Arthro, 2 Damascene Cloths appear to the AH).
- Items from BCNMs, KSNMs. and ENMs duplicate to the Auction House at a 1:6 rate.
- Crafting results duplicate at a 1:8 rate.
- Items obtained through Harvesting, Excavation, Logging and Mining (HELM) duplicate to the Auction House at a 1:8 rate.
- Fished items* duplicate to the Auction House at a 1:12 rate.
*Moat Carp and Forest Carp are exempt from duplication
- Ammo pouches, quivers, toolbags for ninja tools, and the like do not duplicate.
- Some crafted items do not duplicate – high-quality results from cooking synthesis is a notable example.
- Gurfurlur the Menacing has a custom loot pool that includes a 10% drop chance on each of the Perdu weapons.
- Nyzul Isle Armor drops from Dreamworld Dynamis bosses and Nyzul bodies drop from Jormungand.
- Hidden gear set bonus for Aegis + Hauteclaire:
- +15% Increase in enmity gain
- -15% Reduction in enmity from hits
- +3% Cure Potency
- +150 Shield Bash damage
- Details about the other pieces can be found on the Dynamis page and the HNM page.
- Oupire drops Imperial Wand (100%), with a customized HMP +12.
- King Arthro drops Speed Belt (100%) in addition to its normal drops.
- Serket drops 2 Serket Rings (100%) in addition to its normal drops.
- Roc drops 2 Ether Rings (100%) in addition to its normal drops.
- Ankou can drop a Key Ring Belt.
- Aa Xalmo the Savage can drop Fuma Sune-Ate.
- Most HNM’s drop pools and behavior are customized. See the HNM page for more information.
Relic Weapons have been balanced on Supernova so as not to make any single one overpowered above others.
Advanced jobs obtained in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Wings of the Goddess expansions are able to use the relic weapon (and relic weapon skill) most closely aligned with that job. In order to equip those items, you must do so using an equipset macro.
- Blue Mage – Excalibur / Knights of Round
- Corsair – Annihilator / Coronach
- Puppetmaster – Spharai / Final Heaven
- Dancer – Mandau / Mercy Stroke
- Scholar – Claustrum / Gate of Tartarus
Relic Weapon Modifications
- Claustrum – All Attributes +7, all elemental resistances +25, Elemental/Divine/Enhancing/Enfeebling/Dark/Summoning magic skills+10, elemental magic damage +15%, elemental magic accuracy +30, Avatar perpetuation -3, hMP+18, magic critical hit rate +15%, Iridescence effect (if weather exists, a second additional single weather bonus can occur), and pet attack +10%.
- Guttler – Pet Accuracy +20, Pet Attack +20, Pet Haste +10%
- Mjollnir – +15% Cure Potency, 10% Cure Casting Time Reduction
- Spharai – Modifications only applicable to Puppetmaster job:
Pet DEF: +15, Pet Ranged Acc. +15, Pet Healing Skill +15, Pet MAB +10, Pet Auto-Refresh +1
Relic Weapon Skill Modifications
- Blade: Metsu – Enmity+20 “aftermath” of 20/40/60s, Accuracy +10% on WS, ignores 50% mob defense on WS.
- Final Heaven – WS mods from 60% VIT to 60% STR, 100% crit rate, Attack +33% on WS.
- Gate of Tartarus – WS mods from 60% CHR to 60% INT, aftermath lasts for 180s/360s/540s.
- Geirskogul – WS mods from 60% AGI to 30% STR/30% DEX, ignores 50% mob defense on WS.
- Onslaught – WS mods from 60% DEX to 40% STR/20% DEX, aftermath is +20% attack (adjusted from +10%), lasts for 45s/90s/135s, and extends to pet.
- Scourge – WS mods from 30% MND/CHR to 40%STR/40%INT/10%DEX, attack +66% on WS.
Relic Weapon Augmentation
A custom mini-quest on Supernova allows you to upgrade a Relic Weapon in your possession with an augmentation. Details are found on the NPC named Rhaegar in the Chocobo Circuit Crafting area, in the area with Bonecrafting and Woodworking.
Details for Upgrading a relic:
- Must have desired Relic Weapon in your possession.
- Each relic weapon may only have a single augmentation on it.
- Trade the following to NPC Rhaegar:
- One (1) Ten Thousand Byne Bill
- One (1) Ranperre Goldpiece
- One (1) Rimilala Stripeshell
- Relic of choice
- Job testimony corresponding to desired augmentation.
- Players may augment multiple weapons, but the cost increases by 1 each 10k piece per each successive augment.
- Augmentation for a second relic requires:
- 2x 10,000 Byne Bill,
- 2x Ranperre Goldpiece
- 2x Rimilala Stripeshell
- [selected Testimony]
- Augmentation for Relic weapon #3
- 3x 10,000 Byne Bill
- 3x Ranperre Goldpiece
- 3x Rimilala Stripeshell
- [selected testimony]
- Augmentation for a second relic requires:
Your augmentation is determined by the job testimony (the item you trade to fight Maat in pre-TOAU jobs) you deliver to Rhaegar with your relic and dynamis 10,000 notes. The possible augments are listed below.
- Warrior’s Testimony: Accuracy +15, Attack +15, Triple Attack +3%
- White Mage’s Testimony: Cure Potency +7%, Cure Cast Time -7%, Song Cast Time -10%
- Black Mage’s Testimony: Magic Attack Bonus +5, “Refresh” +1, MP Recovered While Healing +7
- Beastmaster’s Testimony: Pet: Accuracy +15, Pet: Ranged Acc. +15, Pet: Magic Accuracy +5, Pet: Magic Atk. Bonus +5, Pet: Damage Taken -5%
- Ranger’s Testimony: Ranged Accuracy +15, Ranged Attack +15, Strength +5
- Paladin’s Testimony: Damage Taken -5%, Evasion +15, HP +97
Quality of Life
- Issuing the !home command will automatically port you to the current Supernova home district.
- No need to have warp scrolls or the warp spell! Just type !warp to warp to your homepoint. There are many other Server Commands available. Click the link and scroll down to “Player Commands”.
- Some Notorious monsters and other things, such as Allied Notes from Wings of the Goddess (S) zones are currently unavailable.
- You can have 112 Combat Skill upgrades, 80 Magic Skill upgrades, 8 upgrades in both HP and MP at the same time, and 5 upgrades in all 7 attributes.
- You do not lose experience points when you die, except at levels 74 and 75.
- Chocobo Circuit has been re-vamped for your pleasure, no longer congested and a new Zoom Room has been implemented!
Quests and Missions
- Changing nations resets ALL missions, some of which you will not be able to redo, such as the ones for sky access. Use caution.
Other Supernova Custom Content
- Supernova Superquest!: Treasure Hunt based quest.
- Zantetsuken Quest: A quest line that pits you against your own wits to solve puzzles in a Hot & Cold style event. Completing this string of quests will unlock a specialty shop that has access to Einherjar gear.