A couple words from Novah about today’s server update:
Quick message to everyone, please do NOT update your client today, tomorrow, or anytime soon until you are told to do so. There are some changes to the new client that the private server community has not fixed yet, which causes client crashes, more than the normal NPC-named-oddly differences. So don’t update and you’ll be fine!
If you have questions, please bring it up on the #ffxisupport channel on the Supernova Discord.
This is the Season of the Witch, and to celebrate, we are bringing you an extra special treat. The Vana’diel Harvest Festival comes to Supernova for the first time ever!
*A CLIENT UPDATE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS UPDATE*.
The Updated Client Version is 30201006_1. You can check your client version ingame by typing “/ver” or by checking in the POL Viewer under “Check Files\Final Fantasy XI”.
The Harvest Festival works very similar to the 2005 Retail variation, complete with trading sweets to NPCs in exchange for spooky costumes, items, and a whole lot of fun!
Talking with the “Trick” NPCs in any zone will stop their movements. Please do not speak with the following NPCs – you only need to trade items to them:
Enjoy the Harvest Festival, it will be active for a while, get out there and grab your Treat Staves and Pitchforks, and have a wonderful harvest season!
A recent instability surrounding Aht Urhgan Missions has been discovered, and as such all Aht Urhgan Missions beyond AU15 “The Black Coffin” *including cutscenes* are currently off-limits as declared by the GM team.
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and will let you know when these missions are safe to do again.
Please watch this space, our Discord channels, or ingame linkshell status message and linkshell chat for updated information as it comes.
Hello, Supernovans! Here follows your September 2020 Patch Notes. A Client Update will be required for this patch, so get out there and do those file checks!
Current Client Version will now be 30200904_2
- With this update, the Chatlog Disappearance issue is resolved, no longer making the Chatfix plugins necessary. If you added these items to your init.txt (Windower4) or Default.txt (Ashita) plugin files, they can be removed post-update.
- Drops for Lindwurm Skins have been increased somewhat.
- Fixed various item dupe exploits.
MISSION AND QUEST RELATED
- Many titles were added to align more closely with retail (probably won’t affect us on Supernova, though).
MOBS AND NPCS
- Script correction for Wamoura Placeholder spawns.
- Changed to the typical outdoor respawn timer 330s of non-NM mobs and removed scripted spawn in mob groups.
- Ramen Noodle synthesis quantity now matches retail values.
- Shiromochi and Shiromochi +1 are now craftable and usable.
- Rolanberry Daifuku and Rolanberry Daifuku +1 stats now match retail values.
Welcome to the August 2020 “Aug, it’s STILL 2020” Update!
Client Update IS required for this Update.
- A new Augment is available at Rhaegar. Turning in a Beastmaster’s Testimony and the appropriate amount of Dynamis Currency will net you the Pet Augment:
- Pet: Accuracy +15, Pet: Ranged Acc. +15, Pet: Magic Accuracy +5, Pet: Magic Atk. Bonus +5, Pet: Damage Taken -5%
- The Black Mage Augment has been updated:
- Removed: Blood Pact Delay -10
- Added: “Refresh” +1
- Variety of crash and stability fixes.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to dupe rare items and allowed rare/ex items to be placed in player Bazaars.
- Fixed an issue where characters that have more than 15 characters in their names would crash the server on login.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Harlequin Frame to use Ranged Auto-attacked when it’s not allowed to do so.
Mission and Quest Related
- Players seeking Prestige in Limbus must now enter the battlefield to have their win counted.
- Dynamis – Tavnazia Mega Boss spawn ??? is now visible always.
- Allow players to spawn Cardian NMs without aggression while under the effect of Sneak during Windurst Mission 8-2
MOBS and NPCS
- Corrected Placeholder ID for Orctrap.
- Fixed an issue where Shen could crash the server on spawn.
- Fixed Flashbulb and mob Sleepga from crashing the server when resisted.
- Added missing item mod values for Verthandi’s Gem.
Welcome to the May 2020 “Stability” Update!
Client Update *IS NOT* required for this Update
- GMs have new tools to monitor server status.
- Using the !warp command will strip away costumes when a Zantetsuken Hot/Cold quest is active.
- Spells affected by Group 2 Merits now work as intended.
- Elemental DOT spells now apply their correct effects.
- Affected Spells: Burn, Shock, Choke, Rasp, Drown, Frost
- The Subjob Restriction NPC in Celestial Nexus will now only apply a subjob restriction to players who have subjobs previously unlocked.
- All Shuriken bundles are now usable.
- Certain job-specific buffs that were not disappearing from players on job change now do correctly.
- Buffs affected: too many to list
- Final Time Extension mobs in Dynamis were readjusted to give appropriate amounts of time.
- Pandemonium Warden’s special attack Discoid has been changed from conal to radial AOE.
- Migratory Hippogryph’s difficulty has been adjusted to be more aligned with retail spec.
- Synthesis for Debahocho/Debahocho +1 has been added, with its retail-accurate recipe.
Welcome to the April 2020 Update!
Client Update *IS* required for this Patch
- A special one-day event which may see players living in the skin of others, not practicing proper social distancing techniques at all!
- Chocobo Circuit NPCs may also be haywire, so be wary to whom you speak!
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Antiqix in Castle Oztroja will now sell Angel Skins at a cost of 1 Lungo-Nango Jadeshell instead of 7.
- Behemoth meat has been added to the Lottery list. (as of the 4/9/2020 mini-update)
Group 2 Merits
- Group 2 Merits for spellcasting jobs have been reworked to mirror the new retail standards.
- New Merit listing and status (Green is working, Red is not coded):
- White Mage:
- Animus: Solace
- Animus: Misery
- Black Mage
- Ancient Magic Attack Bonus
- Ancient Magic Burst Damage Bonus
- Elemental Magic Accuracy
- Elemental Debuff Duration
- Elemental Debuff Effect
- Aspir Absorption Amount
- Red Mage
- Enfeebling Magic Duration
- Magic Accuracy
- Enhancing Magic Duration
- Enspell Damage
- Immunobreak Chance
- Yonin Effect
- Innin Effect
- Ninja Magic Accuracy
- Ninja Magic Bonus
- Spells formerly obtained through Group 2 merits are now available as scrolls from vendors in Lower Jeuno and Norg.
- Spells affected:
- Black Mage: Flood II, Tornado II, Quake II, Burst II, Flare II
- Red Mage: Paralyze II, Slow II, Phalanx II, Dia III, Bio III, Blind II
- Ninja: Hyoton: San, Katon: San, Huton: San, Doton: San, Suiton: San, Raiton: San
- Paladin – Rampart has been re-worked and has been implemented anew with a blanket damage reduction as opposed to a magic shield.
- Fixed Sewer Syrup placeholders to be Dark Aspics again.
- Corrected udmg resistances on Tinnin – Tinnin is now immune to breath damage/breath abilities, more closely aligning it with retail.
- Corrected udmg resistance for Dynamis Lord while Ying and Yang are initially alive. Meaning, Dynamis Lord will not take damage until Ying and Yang are defeated, mirroring retail.
- Corrected a faulty spawn condition for Tzee Xicu the Manifest. (as of the 4/9/2020 mini-update)
MISSIONS & QUESTS
- Removed the Bronze Medal of Service Key Item requirement to complete the Recall-scroll quests.
- Battlefield in Riverne Site #B01 for Storms of Fate is accessible again.
There is an issue with the scroll of Slow II not working properly, this will be fixed soon.
- *** This has been fixed as of 4/9/2020, and scrolls of Slow II are now usable ***
- The Bard spells Foe Sirvente and Adventurer’s Dirge are currently unobtainable as they are not coded at all. No ETA on either of these.
Players who had previously invested merit points in the old Group 2 merits cannot invest in the new Group 2 merits. Developers are working to solve this quickly!
- *** This has been fixed as of 4/6/2020, and players who had prior merits in old groups have been reimbursed merit points ***
Welcome to the August 2019 Update!
Client Update not required for this Patch
- Added a message that shows why a given Job-Specific Ability failed to lock.
- Decreased physical defense. Increase HP.
- Increased Job-Specific Ability lock window to account for message lag.
- Fixed spell lists immediately reverting after using Job-Specific Ability ( i.e., prevent Chainspell + Meteor)
- Give Absolute Virtue Double Attack and Triple Attack Job Traits.
- Added cursed item materials shop to Odin.
- Added Mhaura to List of Home Zones.
- Fixed Loot Pool for Pandemonium Warden.
- Disable Behemoth’s Dominion !mission warp while King Behemoth is alive.
Quality of Life
- Add !mission ally warp to Death Spiral during PM 5-3 Three Paths / Tenzen route.
- Add Rhaegar (relic augment NPC) to Selbina.
- Bring Rahzeem out from underground in Mhaura.
- Disabled the ability to gain XP in Dynamis/Limbus.
- First tick of resting now takes 20 seconds rather than 10.
- Removed mounted status when using !commands that teleport you.
- Balanced base HQ synth rate to account for Directional synth boost.
- Refactored crafting direction to give +10% HQ rate.
- Added a 5 minute medicated effect to Dawn Mulsum to prevent immortal pet abuse.
- White Mage
- Added Protectra V and Shellra V scrolls to merchant Hasim in Lower Jeuno.
- Adjusted (up) Prelude formula (it got a small boost).
- Fixed attack penalty on Drakesbane.
- (0.8125/100/200/300 instead of 1.0/100/200/300)
- Fixed DRG super jump timer merit.
- Fixed sneak attack not forcing critical damage.
- Fixed automaton not beginning to skill up magic
- Fixed automaton ranged attacks doing 0 damage.
- Fixed fTP/crit rate on Stringing Pummel.
- (.75/100/200/300 instead of 1.0/100/200/300)
- Fixed Evasion Down abilities flooring target’s Evasion
- (previously, mob abilities like Infrasonics would stack Evasion Down status, bringing a player’s Evasion to 0 over time)
- Fixed fSTR/fSTR2 calculation.
- More Dia/Bio overwriting fixes.
- Fixed Atonement, Spirits Within, and Hybrid Weaponskills.
- Fixed invisible Errand Imps in Shadowreign zones.
- Fixed real Padfoot not dropping its loot.
- Group Sky gods loot so they don’t drop more than 10 items.
- Make Fraudubio spawn off Fraelissa.
Missions & Quests
- Fixed a broken KI reward during Bastok Mission 7-1.
Adjusted XP rates for duos and trios.
We’ve decided to add a variety of items that was only obtainable via lottery only and added them to Dynamis Bosses and Pandemonium Warden; yes, Warden is actually worth doing now!
Further information on custom drops can be viewed on the HNM Page and the Mega Boss Page!
Zantetsuken Shop Update
Zantetsuken Shop will now sell the following materials, used to create the items listed:
- Pelt of Dawon (Vivid Strap/+1)
- Ethereal Squama (Fylgjia Torque/+1)
- Muculent Ingot (Ire Torque/+1)
- Befouled Silver (Lemegeton Medallion+/1)
- Scarlet Kadife (Pythia Sash/+1)
- Igneous Barnacle (Toxon Belt/+1)
- Kidney Stone (Incubus Earring/+1)
To craft the rewards, use an earth or terra crystal plus one of the materials. Each Recipe requires level 50 in all crafts. See the Crafting on Supernova page for further details on the recipes for these items!
QoL Adjustments & Fixes
- Fixed a bug in Metalworks conquest overseers.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect Utsusemi overwriting behavior after zoning with Utsusemi active.
- Fixed a bug when disposing of conquest supplies.
- Fixed several bugs that prevented players from progressing on nation missions.
- Spell “Death” can no longer be blocked by shadow images.
- Opo-opo Necklace latent now triggers on Lullaby.
- Sword Strap now works.
- Aerial Blast now does wind damage, rather than earth.
- Chance to guard is now based on job/sub, rather than type of weapon used.
- Cure V now generates less enmity.
- Damage-dealing blood pacts now wipe shadows, rather than ignoring them.
- Dia and Bio now land initial damage, but status does not overwrite for equal power effect (e.g. Goblin Leechers spamming Dia do not refresh effect duration on target).
- Decreased duration of Perfect Dodge.
- Equal tier elegy does now refresh the effect duration.
- Increased duration of Etudes, Preludes, Sirvente, and Dirge.
- Increased potency of Dia’s Defense Down and Bio’s Attack Down effects.
- Threnodies now work.
- Troubadour now affects lullaby duration.
- Beryl-footed Molberry will no longer spawn inside a wall.
- Cactuars now aggro sound.
- Certain mobskills no longer proc additional effects if they do no damage.
- Chatoyant Quadav is now a WHM rather than a BLM.
- Efts no longer aggro.
- Fixed model for mob Slendlix Spindlethumb.
- Fixed some specter models in Fei’Yin.
- Implemented some ladybug mobskills.
- Increased radius of scorpion mobskills Earthbreaker and Venom Storm.
- Kirin no longer uses Riddle.
- Mandragoras now attack twice per round.
- Monk mobs no longer attack quite so fast.
- Ouryu now has elemental magic skill, during battlefield “The Savage”.
- Slime Molds and Puks no longer link.
- Various adjustments to sea monk mobskills, and Lord of Onzozo behavior.
Missions & Quests
- Brass door in Castle Oztroja can now be opened with Judgment Key even if player is not on Windurst Rank Mission 6-2.
- Fixed a broken trade during quest “The Road to Aht Urhgan”.
- Implemented Mog Safe questline
- Nabihwah is now an Imperial Gate Guard.
- Test Answers are now removed from player during quest “Making the Grade”.