Welcome to the August 2019 Update!
Client Update not required for this Patch
- Added a message that shows why a given Job-Specific Ability failed to lock.
- Decreased physical defense. Increase HP.
- Increased Job-Specific Ability lock window to account for message lag.
- Fixed spell lists immediately reverting after using Job-Specific Ability ( i.e., prevent Chainspell + Meteor)
- Give Absolute Virtue Double Attack and Triple Attack Job Traits.
- Added cursed item materials shop to Odin.
- Added Mhaura to List of Home Zones.
- Fixed Loot Pool for Pandemonium Warden.
- Disable Behemoth’s Dominion !mission warp while King Behemoth is alive.
Quality of Life
- Add !mission ally warp to Death Spiral during PM 5-3 Three Paths / Tenzen route.
- Add Rhaegar (relic augment NPC) to Selbina.
- Bring Rahzeem out from underground in Mhaura.
- Disabled the ability to gain XP in Dynamis/Limbus.
- First tick of resting now takes 20 seconds rather than 10.
- Removed mounted status when using !commands that teleport you.
- Balanced base HQ synth rate to account for Directional synth boost.
- Refactored crafting direction to give +10% HQ rate.
- Added a 5 minute medicated effect to Dawn Mulsum to prevent immortal pet abuse.
- White Mage
- Added Protectra V and Shellra V scrolls to merchant Hasim in Lower Jeuno.
- Adjusted (up) Prelude formula (it got a small boost).
- Fixed attack penalty on Drakesbane.
- (0.8125/100/200/300 instead of 1.0/100/200/300)
- Fixed DRG super jump timer merit.
- Fixed sneak attack not forcing critical damage.
- Fixed automaton not beginning to skill up magic
- Fixed automaton ranged attacks doing 0 damage.
- Fixed fTP/crit rate on Stringing Pummel.
- (.75/100/200/300 instead of 1.0/100/200/300)
- Fixed Evasion Down abilities flooring target’s Evasion
- (previously, mob abilities like Infrasonics would stack Evasion Down status, bringing a player’s Evasion to 0 over time)
- Fixed fSTR/fSTR2 calculation.
- More Dia/Bio overwriting fixes.
- Fixed Atonement, Spirits Within, and Hybrid Weaponskills.
- Fixed invisible Errand Imps in Shadowreign zones.
- Fixed real Padfoot not dropping its loot.
- Group Sky gods loot so they don’t drop more than 10 items.
- Make Fraudubio spawn off Fraelissa.
Missions & Quests
- Fixed a broken KI reward during Bastok Mission 7-1.
Adjusted XP rates for duos and trios.
We’ve decided to add a variety of items that was only obtainable via lottery only and added them to Dynamis Bosses and Pandemonium Warden; yes, Warden is actually worth doing now!
Further information on custom drops can be viewed on the HNM Page and the Mega Boss Page!
Zantetsuken Shop Update
Zantetsuken Shop will now sell the following materials, used to create the items listed:
- Pelt of Dawon (Vivid Strap/+1)
- Ethereal Squama (Fylgjia Torque/+1)
- Muculent Ingot (Ire Torque/+1)
- Befouled Silver (Lemegeton Medallion+/1)
- Scarlet Kadife (Pythia Sash/+1)
- Igneous Barnacle (Toxon Belt/+1)
- Kidney Stone (Incubus Earring/+1)
To craft the rewards, use an earth or terra crystal plus one of the materials. Each Recipe requires level 50 in all crafts. See the Crafting on Supernova page for further details on the recipes for these items!
QoL Adjustments & Fixes
- Fixed a bug in Metalworks conquest overseers.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect Utsusemi overwriting behavior after zoning with Utsusemi active.
- Fixed a bug when disposing of conquest supplies.
- Fixed several bugs that prevented players from progressing on nation missions.
- Spell “Death” can no longer be blocked by shadow images.
- Opo-opo Necklace latent now triggers on Lullaby.
- Sword Strap now works.
- Aerial Blast now does wind damage, rather than earth.
- Chance to guard is now based on job/sub, rather than type of weapon used.
- Cure V now generates less enmity.
- Damage-dealing blood pacts now wipe shadows, rather than ignoring them.
- Dia and Bio now land initial damage, but status does not overwrite for equal power effect (e.g. Goblin Leechers spamming Dia do not refresh effect duration on target).
- Decreased duration of Perfect Dodge.
- Equal tier elegy does now refresh the effect duration.
- Increased duration of Etudes, Preludes, Sirvente, and Dirge.
- Increased potency of Dia’s Defense Down and Bio’s Attack Down effects.
- Threnodies now work.
- Troubadour now affects lullaby duration.
- Beryl-footed Molberry will no longer spawn inside a wall.
- Cactuars now aggro sound.
- Certain mobskills no longer proc additional effects if they do no damage.
- Chatoyant Quadav is now a WHM rather than a BLM.
- Efts no longer aggro.
- Fixed model for mob Slendlix Spindlethumb.
- Fixed some specter models in Fei’Yin.
- Implemented some ladybug mobskills.
- Increased radius of scorpion mobskills Earthbreaker and Venom Storm.
- Kirin no longer uses Riddle.
- Mandragoras now attack twice per round.
- Monk mobs no longer attack quite so fast.
- Ouryu now has elemental magic skill, during battlefield “The Savage”.
- Slime Molds and Puks no longer link.
- Various adjustments to sea monk mobskills, and Lord of Onzozo behavior.
Missions & Quests
- Brass door in Castle Oztroja can now be opened with Judgment Key even if player is not on Windurst Rank Mission 6-2.
- Fixed a broken trade during quest “The Road to Aht Urhgan”.
- Implemented Mog Safe questline
- Nabihwah is now an Imperial Gate Guard.
- Test Answers are now removed from player during quest “Making the Grade”.
Spring is in full swing and Summer is rapidly upon us! Here are the patch notes for the current Supernova update, so as always remember to update your client before logging in, and be ready for some new goodies!!
[Quality of Life]
[Crafting & Items]
- Added Bugard Strap/+1 Desynth Recipes.
- Fixed order of Goldsmithing and Leathercrafting guild point purchasables.
- Implemented enchantment on Curaga Earring.
- Fixed TP calculation on H2H attacks (were rewarding slightly too much TP for both players and mobs).
- Implemented increased chance to learn BLU magic, on AF hands.
- Mighty Strikes will now cause a weapon skill to crit regardless of its paramaters.
- Velocity Shot recast lowered from 5 minutes to 30 seconds.
- Weaponskill attack multiplier can now vary by TP. Sturmwind and Iron Tempest to do more damage at 2000+ TP.
[Missions & Quests]
Hail, Adventurers! As the season changes from Wintry Cold to Pollen Gold, we hope you will take a second to peruse the Update Notes coming at you hot from the Development Team!
As with most updates, a client update is required.
List of NMs implemented/adjusted:
- Ancient Goobbue
- Ancient Weapon
- Antican Praetor
- Barbaric Weapon
- Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon
- Coo Keja the Unseen
- Draketrader Zlodgodd
- Feeblescheme Bhogbigg
- Gerwitz’s Scythe
- Gloombound Lurker
- Huu Xalmo the Savage
- Iriz Ima
- Jailer of Hope
- Killer Jonny
- Lamia No.27
- Legendary Weapon
- Marquis Naberius
- Muq Shabeel
- Picklix Longindex
- Ravenous Crawler
- Rogue Receptacle
- Ru’Aern (PM8-1 Aern trios at Rubious Crystal towers)
- Sabotender Corrido
- Shatterskull Mippdapp
- Shikigami Weapon
Hail, Adventurers! Love is in the air this mid-February, and so is our continued love for you! Feast your eyes on today’s update notes and may your hearts be content as you update your clients in preparation!
- Enmity overhaul. Details available here (lots of math, lots of details).
- adjustments to enmity values for certain spells and abilities
- mobs jump around less overall from player to player.
- Mob melee additional effect overhaul. Effects modified on, and added to, many mobs to make them more retail-accurate.
- Mob job special ability (2hr) overhaul. Many NMs were given their 2hr, or had it updated. New system supports mobs with multiple 2hrs, repeated-use 2hr, and lots more.
- Transport timer overhaul. Should make certain elevators and bridges more reliable.
- Added glitter animation to excavation points.
- The /salute emote now varies by nation.
- Portable healing (ethers, potions, elixirs, etc.) removed from auction house dupe system.
- Automaton attachments that were not balanced for 75-cap combat have been removed. We will revisit these as new content is released (assault, etc.).
- Castle Oztroja [S] is open for business.
- Added Pirate encounters to ferries. Not fully implemented, but Sand Charm can now be acquired.
- Implemented quests “Fly High” and “Over the Hills and Far Away”
- Implemented NM Zantetsuken reward system.
- This is not the full-fledged custom NM system we do still plan to implement in future updates, but it is a new way for players to earn Zan points.
- Zan will be rewarded for killing timer/lottery NMs that drop uncommon AH-able loot. Higher level NMs will reward more than lower level ones. Lottery NMs will reward more than timer NMs.
- We hope this will incentivize players to hunt NMs not commonly targeted, which will keep the AH stocked with some of the lower-level rare gear that’s often missing on the AH.
- Note that there is a -very- long cooldown on these rewards, so maximize your Zan by killing a variety of NMs. Farming the same one daily won’t work at all.
- Fixed kick attack base damage calculations
- Fixed item mods for increased attack percent
- Hooked up Footwork kick attack percent
- Updated Dragon Kick modifiers.
- Fixed mobs with level range never being assigned maximum level in their range.
- Fixed weather changing slightly too often.
- Fixed Bomb Queen crashing server when spawning pets.
- Fixed Colored rocks from HELM being the wrong color on earth and watersday.
- Fixed Nexus cape not allowing teleport to Western Altepa Desert.
- Fixed scrawled writing not moving after spawning Goblin Wolfman.
- Fixed Altepa Gate not opening when all four columns are triggered.
- Fixed Lumber Jack spawning with hate on player.
- Vanguard Dragontamers are now goblins rather than yagudos.
- A number of mobs that were flagged as being fished up, rather than spawning normally.
- Fixed Missing NPC dialog during quest “The Pickpocket”.
- Fixed Incorrect end NPC for quest “Exit the Gambler”.
- Fixed Ark Pentasphere being multi-use.
- Fixed certain gear not applying correct amount of haste.
- Fixed incorrect respawn timers and levels for many mob groups.
- Fixed pets not disengaging from combat during cutscenes. (Thanks, None!)
- Fixed players not getting kills registered when using Chaosbringer to unlock DRK.
- Fixed players not having cavernous maws registered when taking them from past to present.
- Fixed players not able to use runic portal while in possession of certain key items.
- Fixed Benediction not healing party members.
- Fixed Some incorrect events/messages during “Heart of the Matter”.
- Fixed Embrava not embraving things.
- Fixed Feint wearing on unsuccessful attacks.
- Fixed Key items not bring removed from some party members entering Limbus.
- Fixed several packet injection vulnerabilities. (Thanks, None!)
Implemented behavior on ZNMs:
- Brass Borer
- Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon
- Aa Xalmo the Savage
- Abyss Sahagin
- Big Bang
- Bonze Marberry
- Canal Moocher
- Death from Above
- Dee Zelko the Esoteric
- Duu Masa the Onecut
- Elusive Edwin
- Fungus Beetle
- Goblin Wolfman
- Legalox Heftyhind
- Loo Kutto the Pensive
- Maa Illmu the Bestower
- Marquis Forneus
- Morille Mortelle
- Novv the Whitehearted
- Ocean Sahagin
- Sacrificial Goblet
- Sozu Rogberry
- Suu Xicu the Cantabile
- Thunderclaw Thuban
- Vee Ladu the Titterer
- Wurr the Sandcomber
* Yarr the Pearleyed
Hail, Adventurers! A new update has come to Supernova for this chilly mid January! No client update is needed so feel free to login and enjoy the newly implemented items and NMs.
- New fireworks added to fireworks chest!
- Implemented TP moves:
- Abominable Belch
- Apocalyptic Ray
- Eternal Damnation
- Proboscis Shower
- Added Orichalcum Ring/ Triton Ring desynth recipe
- New Items Implemented
- Implemented behavior for several ZNMs.
- Implemented NMs:
- Fixed an exploit with Drum Magazine attachment.
- Fixed a bug where talking to Zasshal crashed the server.
- Fixed an issue with NPC Raminel during a cutscene in quest “Riding on the Clouds”.
- Fixed an issue with Mythic WS not doing skillchain damage.
- Fixed the costume NPC (again).
- Adjusted price of some guild shop wares.
- Mythic WS can no longer be unlocked while under level restriction.
- Garrison pop items removed from lottery; Garrison is not yet full implemented (no rewards drop).