Key server tenets and philosophy:
- Be nice to other players, bring something to the table.
- Be a good sport, if you don’t get an item, there will be plenty more where that came from
- Understand that people come from all walks of life, and might play differently than you. Let people play how they wish.
- Realize that the Admin staff and GM team do this for free in their spare time. Help us keep things running smoothly.
- Play so that way others will have fun. They will do the same for you.
- Supernova is similar to a retirement home. It’s by design a more relaxed environment than retail. Hardcore players have their place here, but please recognize that others may not play with the rigidity of retail servers.
**Parties of single character players will always have preference for exp camps.** Dual/Multi-boxers operating more than one character at a time count as a single player and may be asked to relinquish a camp for a party of more than one player. This also applies to solo players versus parties with more than one player.
If you are caught doing any of these things, harsh action may be taken up to and including jail time or character deletion
- The use of third party tools are prohibited that allow any of the following actions: Wallhacking, Position Hacking, Speedhacking, Impersonating a GM, teleport hacking. This includes Novo, Cupper/Clipper, and any others with these capabilities.
- In game griefing or personal Attacks on other players
- Abuse exploits you may find, including but not limited to, broken monsters spewing exp or currencies at extremely abnormal rates.
- Obtaining experience by nefarious means, including exploits, botting, powerleveling, etc.
- Leeching anything of any kind, including currencies, gear, experience points, etc.
- Dualboxing or Multiboxing while in a group with other real players. See more details here: [LINK]
- Botting any skillups involving any entity except yourself. (i.e. botting the casting of spells on yourself is fair game).
- Harrassment or being generally horrible to other people.
- Understand that everyone has their own problems, issues, and personal struggles before speaking.
- Creating or participating in any linkshell other than Supernova is strictly prohibited.
- Excluding anyone from any activity when there’s room in the group, provided it doesn’t conflict with another rule. That is to say, no low manning events unless there’s an explicit lack of interest from other players. All endgame events are to be publicly announced beforehand, providing a reasonable amount of time beforehand for others to join.
- Abusing terrain (mob pathing) to gain an unfair advantage. You cannot stand on terrain to avoid attack from mobs because they cannot reach you.
- Gateway or Skeletonkey; This should be used only to fix problems, not in every day adventuring. They have been known to cause crashes or quest issues.
- Trying new or offbeat job combinations is welcomed and encouraged, but the difficulty of some endgame content often requires group job optimization. The best thing you can do is be a team player – sometimes you have to take one for the team to succeed.
- Unequipping your linkpearl
- Using the /anon command (Anonymous Status)
- Botting defensive skillups in populated areas (Keep our chatlogs clear!)
General Lot Rules
- To be able to reserve and item, such item has to be selected and mentioned to the group before attempting the raid. If the reserved item does not drop, you will lot the remaining drops as normal, as if you had never reserved anything.
- You must be able to to equip an item in order to lot it. If no one can currently equip, it is free lot if not already reserved.
- Equipping an alt character is your side project. No lotting is allowed on any non main characters during a raid. Alt characters do not get the benefit of reserving drops from HNM, ZNM, NM.
- If you helped kill a monster, you may pick an item that dropped and lot every instance of that item. Please pass all other items quickly to avoid issues with crashes during the looting process. You must be present at the start of the fight in order to lot.
- Example: Genbu Drops his Shield, and two A. Abj. Hands. If you wanted the hands, you would lot both instances of it. At around 4 minutes and 30 seconds, if you happen to be winning both lots, you are to pass the item with the lower lot. No items will be reshuffled due to lost items because of double lotting or incorrect/early passing.
- Exception: If a monster required prerequisites (Kirin, Pandy Warden) the person spawning the monster may reserve one item for himself or a member of the squad that performed all the prerequisite work.
- Example: Novah, Sarx, and Anki Manage to kill A bunch of ZNMs totally without cheating at all, including Sarameya. Later a team of 18 people help kill the subsequenty Pandemonium Warden. Novah popped Pandy Warden, and designates one item to Sarx. Novah is not able to designate an item for Alyss, since she was not at the previous fights. All other items follow the “Lot one item type” rule.
- Nidhogg is not considered to have a prerequisite of Fafnir on our server. Genbu is not considered to have a prerequisite of Zipacna/Olla pots because of how quickly and easily those are dispatched. Most Sky items drop like candy anyways, we’ve never had issues with them.
- All exp parties should have its members within a 5 level range. This is to prevent people from leeching without providing meaningful contribution to the group. If you’d like to party with people of a wider level range, you may level sync such that all players are within the 5 level range. For example, if you and a friend are both level 68 and you’d like to play with another player that’s level 50, you may sync down to level 50.
- AF Drops go to people who have the job or plan to have the job soon. Most of these items drop ridiculously often, so making this distinction is almost pointless.
- Currency is inserted directly into each players pockets. If no GM is available to make it rain, then currency is to be collected and split evenly.
- Necropsyche, Attestations, Divine Goads: Priority to those on the highest stage of completion of relic.
- Dynamis timers reset at 12AM EST.
- GM Intervention in dynamis is limited to activating MakeItRain.
- Single players may be reset at a GMs discretion if the player was auto-homepointed or disconnected only if the run is still going.
- An interrupted Dynamis Run may be fully reset at a GMs discretion only if it’s within the first 30 minutes of a run, and currently more than 3 hours until reset.
- Make it Rain will be activated in dynamis runs that are appropriately advertised at the discretion of a GM.
- Players are expected to understand that Dynamis is often heavily affected by server bugs and other various crashes. With that in mind, this is why we have configured dynamis to let us run it significantly more often than on retail. It won’t always work perfectly, and the best attitude to have during a dynamis that is interrupted, is to come back and try again another day rather than to expect GM intervention to fix every run that breaks.
- Fixes have been in place for a limbus chest dupe exploit that exists on Supernova but in the instance a particular chest were to appear twice, opening both is strictly not allowed. Any group of players who are found to have used this exploit (for additional currency or chips) will have all of their loot from the limbus run deleted, and all players will need to meet with a GM to determine if jail-time is needed.
Endgame Currency and Trading
(Currency is defined as Dynamis bills, Limbus coins, Soul plates, or any other in game currency player to player)
- You may only trade currency at a ratio of 1 to 1. This means you may not give currency to other characters, as that would be a 1 to 0 trade. One exception: you may loan the final 30 hundred pieces to another player who is about to turn in their final relic weapon stage, provided they return the currency as soon as possible.
- You may not give currency to alternate accounts or mules.
- You may not trade currency of different types (e.g. Dynamis bills for Soul plates, ABCs for Rare gear dropped from ZNM, etc.)
- Violation of these rules will result in deletion of all associated currency on each account involved.
Linkshell Chat Rules
- No Spamming
- No Personal Attacks or Harassment
- No Religious/Political Discussions (Please keep these kinds of things in tells)
- Don’t dominate discussions, please allow others to talk and have their time
- No Solicitation/Business Promoting
- No Promoting Other Servers
- Don’t talk with mutiple accounts (Alts)
- Everything Else (GMs have the utmost right to stop any conversation we deem may be harmful to the community.)
If anyone has questions, feel free to contact anyone on the GM team for clarification, issues with other players, or if you found a game breaking exploit. Use your best judgement, the door is always open. It’s up to us to protect the wonderful environment we have on the Supernova Server.